If like me you jumped on the NYX band wagon then you’re no stranger to their Soft Matte Lip Cream. It was one of the first ‘liquid lipsticks’ that were soooo hyped up. So of course I had to try them out. I have a love/hate thing going on with these.
- They smell amazing
- Good color pay off (some colors)
- They don’t transfer
- Long lasting
- The applicator is crap! I usually have to use a small lip brush to even it out
- They can be a bit drying
- Some colors do need multiple applications (the darker colors)
When the Liquid Suede Cream released I was hesitant because of the issues with the matte lip creams. I didn’t even try to hype myself up for them although they have some gorgeous colors. BUT then Ipsy sent it out in their March Glam Bag and I was excited. I don’t mind FREE.99 because if I hate the product theres no loss.
- The applicator is amazing
- These aren’t so drying although they do dry to a matte finish
- The formula is long lasting and even after I wiped it off for dinner there was a bit of a tint
- I only have the shade Kitten Heels but one swipe of the wand and the color was vibrant and applied evenly
- They transfer even after it dries
- They smell horrible
Here’s my mini NYX liquid lips collection. It’s not much but for myself I need to find formulas that aren’t very drying. I’ve always had sensitive lips. Mac’s matte lipsticks work well for me so do the Milani matte lipsticks. I won’t deny that there’s several liquid lipsticks in my wish list that I NEED to get! (LOL)
What are some of your faves?? Have you tried any of the new shades in the Soft Matte Lip Cream??
Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoy similar ones!
Ps. If anyone’s interested my snapchat is: prissycutes
And my Instagram is: 00scilla (those are zeros lol)